S U B C O U T U R E | Release Review



A little treat for Easter from Stardoll - new Subcouture! This is one which can really appeal to more due to being available to all members and although it's limited, it's just for a limited time and not limited number of pieces - yay! Also, those models on the homepae ad look amazing, kinda loving them! Lets get on and take a look:


There's a good selection of pieces with a few more casual-looking items as well which is always good (I love dressing down my SubCouture pieces!) and the colours are pretty neutral with mostly black and whites and tones of pink thrown in there. I like this colour selection as it really holds to minimalism quite well and means I find it easy to get the pieces into my current wardrobe collection. There's a couple of SS only pieces, that Midnight Blazer Dress is kind of amazing and worth its price tag of 26 SD so I really wish I could buy it. but oh well - there will always be the chance whenit's sellable in the Bazaar!

For the rest, the prices range from 7 to 32SD, which is pretty much the same price range as the collections usually are, and I think the prices are fairly reasonable for the pieces and the fact that they are from a somewhat limited collection - so I don't really mind it! I also know from the offset that I won't love every piece there is on offer and that I won't be buying at least half of the collection, so ending up spending over 80SD on only a couple of pieces is okay in my opinion. If you are on a limited budget as well, I think there is a little market for you in these collections in terms of the accessories as they are all lower costing, and compared to previous releases, they're pretty good! My advice would be to try on everything that is in your price range and just choose the best of the bunch that fits your style and is something you don't already have a similar version of - in this collection I'd go straight for the Black Tie Oxfords if I could only get once piece , plus they look pretty expensive for 13SD!

So I ended up styling two of the four pieces that I bought, and I definitely tried to go for a different style to my usual sort to give mixing it up a go - definitely think I need work!


I loved this Ivory Satin Dress at first sight and couldn't wait to get it on my doll! Went with a more classic look for my first one and I think this LE coat works well with it (and those Voile booties are pretty cute, don't think I've actually ever worn them before in anything that's not been in a Styled Outfit post!). For my second one I stepped out of the box and attempted styling it as a shirt, I think the colours work well and it definitely needed the looser trousers rather than tight ones for example. The Chanel shawl is a perfect colour match for the dress I think though.


Secondly I chose to style the Satin Overcoat, (but I also bought the matching dress, Satin Slipdress, but I quite like it on its own with a fab pair of golden-ish heels!) - loving it with trousers, but I'm not sure I like how I've styled it...I don't know, something just isn't clicking with these looks here!

Anyways how did you guys enjoy the collection. any good stylings I should check out?

Comments

Popular Posts