A N T I D O T E | Release Review


This weekend brought our latest Antidote release, and as Stardoll advertise it, it's a capsule collection, an idea which I really love for this store! And they're keeping with the theme of using dolls in the adverts, it's not gotten old at all and I still love seeing people there. Not so sure on the green and red to sell the collection, but the word 'capsule' already has me so I can overlook colour choices.



Highlights: As a capsule collection, this is therefore a small intimate collection of Antidote that we have, but I think it's ultimately a good one with a versatile range. The background of concrete and metal is popular on the site but I think it works well to show the collection.

Accessories: There is a pretty minimal offering on the accessories front, but this is to be expected from a small release. The pieces are all quite different, and I'll admit they're not so much my style. There are two pairs of shoes, the Velvet Ombre Braided Heels which have this pretty peach colouring and then the Laceup Suede Platform Boots which are pretty much like platform trainers and I don't want to go into how much I don't like this style! There are two jewellery pieces which are definitely linked by their use of red chiffon, the Acrylic Oversized Red Chain Choker and Studded Organza Bracelet. The bag is definitely the best offering, and probably the most popular - the Single Star Nano Backpack which sits really nicely over the shoulder on the doll.

Clothing: For the most part, the clothing is based on more minimal colours and styles, with quite a uniformity across the store - I really like this and the styles they've gone for with this release. I feel like it makes the collection so much more wearable for me! I think I'll quickly start with the more stand-out pieces, i.e anything that's not black and just pops off the page.  I love that pink gets a little shoutout with both the High Neck Pink Dress and Gingham Check Pink Lace Dress which are in different shades for your different tastes but I definitely think these are great additions to the collection and I love the versatility in style that they offer. Also on the lighter brighter side is the Antidote Layered T-Shirt Dress, which I think is very pretty, and also quite girly compared to the rest of the release. And lastly in this category, something also casual, the Patch High Waist Vintage Denims, which I think look pretty great and will style well, I particularly like the leg length and fit, it's pretty much just right. And now the main focus, black minimal pieces of clothing! Actually most of the pieces have quite a casual touch about them but I think it would be easy to dress them up too. The items which first catch my eye have to be the Tres Belle Sleeve Antidote Top and matching Wide Leg Sporty Pants, with that yellow just getting me right away! I think they're a fab set and I really look forward to styling them. Also in a set are the Lace Detail Sweatshirt and Sweatpants, and while they're not hugely my style, I'm very intrigued to see how people work these items into looks with an interest in the sheer lace detailing. There are quite a few top pieces available from the rest of the bunch - the Silk Molded On Metallic Body, Asymetrical Ruffled Mesh Oversshirt, Cutout Bell Sleeve Top, Deep V Silk Camisole and Asymetrical Mesh Tshirt. Asymmetry, sheer panelling and interesting shapes are definitely style vibes from this bunch! I particularly like the look of the Asymetrical Ruffled Mesh Oversshirt, I think it could really work nicely as an outerwear piece in the spring and summer, and the Deep V Silk Camisole looks to be one of the most versatile pieces of the collection!

Prices: This capsule collection prices ranged from 36 to 92SD's and I actually thought everything was pretty appropriately priced and I was happy with everything. The range fits well to previous collections as well.

Styled Outfits: I'm really happy with the pieces I bought, I think I made good choices overall and I had a lot of fun trying out these pieces with bright styling - I'm feeling colour these days and these looks pop off the screen so much! First up the Mesh Trench Fitted Coat which was my last purchase and the one I was a little umm-ing over, but I'm happy I bought it! Initially I wanted to pair a black polo beneath, but it wasn't looking good so I went with a simple black cami which fits nicely. I picked orange for my colour and love the use of this striped and furry bag and I think the orange and black strapped heels are a good fit for the coat (although it's much more like a dress) and bag. Next up are the  Wide Leg Sporty Pants and I kept the summer colours with this wow-factor yellow ruffled top and then mixed it a little with these orange clutches, in fact I think the hair was a great choice to fit with this overall style. And lastly I've styled the High Neck Pink Dress, and although I do love it as a dress, this time I really was intrigued by it with these red and lilac floral trousers underneath, it's different but I really like this on me! And kept the clash on with this red shoulder bag and pink patent heels.


Features: Some awesome stylings with this collection and I really found it easy to get looks from a lot of different pieces, which is great! First up is AngelinaVer choosing the Asymetrical Ruffled Mesh Oversshirt and Deep V Silk Camisole in a classic black minimal styling. The pieces look great in this all-black styling but they stand out and it's easy to see them in the styling. Love the lace trim skirt chosen, it fits the items seamlessly.


Next up is dorota100 going with the Tres Belle Sleeve Antidote Top in this bright look featuring a fab yellow/lime colour in the skirt. I love the shape of the sleeves, they compliment the skirt well and I love the street-style added with the boots and the glamour from the glitzy clutch.


And something a little brighter in this look from Funopler featuring the High Neck Pink Dress with some matching pink hair - I love it! The versatility of the dress means it works well with this shimmering skirt and pink fur. The accessories are very complimentary, I especially love the use of silver in the heels!


More on the casual side with this style from Isabella8103 wearing the Asymetrical Mesh Tshirt. I love the use of the corset and lacy bralette underneath. The jeans are a perfect casual touch and really contrast from the black of the clothing and accessories - those shoes are a great pairing with the bralette and tshirt with their mesh and strapping.


And a styling with the other pink item of the collection, the Gingham Check Pink Lace Dress, from leothellama. It's perfect with the black polo underneath, which is definitely complementary to the black panels on the dress itself. The long belt is also fitting with the straps on the dress and really highlights the style.


And last but not least, MeLolitka wearing the Mesh Trench Fitted Coat in this minimal yet glamorous styling. There's enough going on with the trench to make it work as a piece completely on its own with just some accessories to carry the look. The gold is a great choice, and the choker definitely works well for the neckline, really highlighting the V cut.


Comments

Popular Posts