R I O | Release Review



Brand new RIO in the plaza recently! This got me excited because in the past few years I think RIO has really been stepped up with their offerings, and as Stardoll has been quite uninspiring for me lately, this got me hoping for something good! I really like the advert, the pink is fabulous and eye-catching, and I think the model (again another Stardoll user, tyka11) looks good in the pieces.


Highlights: This release in RIO definitely ticked all the boxes and really gave a little light back into Stardoll from their recent disappointing times! The pieces are the epitome of the store with brightness and summer exuding from all directions, this is a post I'm certainly looking forward to writing!

Accessories: As usual with these one-floor releases the accessories are a compact collection but all fit well with the summer and fruity vibe that the store has, especially the Pineapple Top Handle Handbag, Pineapple Earring and RIO Pineapple Headband, do you see the theme there. I like the bag really, it's pink and the printing is pretty cool, plus it's certainly a stand out piece! The shoes don't stand out as too unique, I feel like we've had very similar pairs of both that are on offer here. The Supersized Rope Hoop Earrings Left is a nice piece too, and I think it actually suits me as one of the one-earring-only trend! It's also well priced, so makes trying out the trend an easy one. And lastly, and also well priced in SCs are the White Oversized Cateye Glasses (not seen on the first page) - a classic in the sunglasses world and an easy pair to style. You can't really go wrong with the SC price and I think the style is one which suits a lot of people!

Clothing: The clothing in this release are all about the summer! Bright colours, light fabrics, cool shapes and cutouts, plus fab styles! I think there's a bit of everything here, so I think it's possible for everyone to find something that suits them. There are 7 dresses/all-in-ones in the store, with a lot of block colour and honestly I'm still completely drawn to the crisp white pieces on offer! There's three, the Choker Trumpet Playsuit, Laceup Shoulder Bodycon Dress and The Perfect White Dress, and it's the first two that I'm all googly eyes over! They have fab shapes and styles, and they fit on the doll really well. They each have unique style features but at the same time, seem easy to combine with other items to work easily into a look. Perfect for summer, and with some creativity I think they could look good all year round! There are 4 tops in the store, ranging in colour and amount of material there is, but I think the focus is on the bustier style, which is shown clearly with the Bustier Frill Tangerine Top and Frill Bustier Top but also partly with the Criss Cross Batwing Blouse which has a cool wrapped style over the chest, creating a look of a bustier. The colours are quite similar with the red/orange, but I think it's a hot one for this year's summer and I don't think anyone will mind in the similarities. The Frill Bustier Top also matches the Wide Leg Dot Pants which are so sweet, and a nice spring piece of clothing. I haven't bought them yet, as I'm not sure how much wear I will get from them and I haven't seen anyone else give them a go yet...maybe once we're really into the right season I will change my mind! Also in the trouser category are the rather awesome Striped Wide Pants! I loved these immediately and couldn't wait to style them! The stripes are current and I think are something easy to work into different styles. They also fit really well too.

Prices: This release ranges from 6 to 16 SDs, which I think is pretty great and nothing seems too expensive. There are a couple of SS pieces, but also a few items in SC's - overall the prices are good for the store and are comparable to previous releases.

Styled Outfits: I loved putting together these looks, and I really like them as a set as well - everything just sort of clicked with these! Unintentionally I seem to have one for the sporty vibe with all those wide-legged trousers, but actually I love the style on my doll, it's grown on me so much in the past few months. Firstly the Striped Wide Pants which I've stuck with some classic colours for. Even though they're a little more red than an orange-red, I think they suit this long vest pretty well, and I like the clash that the clutch brings to the outfit. I kept it pretty basic elsewhere with white trainers and a smart shirt which I love mixing into different styles. Secondly is the Criss Cross Batwing Blouse which is in more of an orange-red tone. The recent HB shoes are such a perfect colour match here, that I had to choose light trousers to add something other than more red or orange to the style! The shape of these ones is super classy and I think it really highlights the shapes of the top. And lastly the White Oversized Cateye Glasses, again a sporty styling and again some wide trousers...but these look so good with them!! The white long polo makes a good base and the leather jacket is a classic which I never forget to include. Overall I'm so pleased with these looks - maybe I'll get a few more pieces from the store to try a few more ideas!



Features: And a couple of features now! It was clear to see a few pieces becoming popular from this release, but as time passes I've seen much more a range of looks featuring items from the store.



First up is t.i.a.f wearing the Striped Wide Pants, Criss Cross Batwing Blouse and the Sky High Top Knot Platforms, it may be a simple combination but I think it works, as does the jewellery additions for this look. The huge single hop really catches your eye and draws it to the top half of the styling - I really think it makes me convinced that there's more than just RIO items here!



And secondly, always a favourite, Isabella8103 wearing the Pineapple Top Handle Handbag and RIO Pineapple Headband in an all-out sort of way! The prints of the two do well in holding their own against the other competing prints in this outfit, definitely a feat! I love how they've been added to with the bow on the bag, and the other head accessories for the headscarf. It's easy to see them highlighted in this busy style - great job!

Comments

Popular Posts